Sunday, April 16, 2017

Anime Review: Shirobako

"There is no occupation that doesn't have its difficulties. That's why the rest is how much you're able to endure after all of the humiliation you face." -Ogasawara Rinko (Shirobako)

This week's anime review is based on Shirobako, a cute anime with only 1 season (24 episodes) that basically revolves around anime production which is pretty cool. It displays a lot realism as to how anime is made and the different processes that it undergoes before being displayed for the public to watch. It's a very vibrant and unique anime about slice-of-life. Either way, enjoy this week's review.

(COVER)
Image result for shirobako
Synopsis: A brief summary of Shirobako is that it’s about five girls named Aoi, Ema, Shizuka, Misa, and Midori who all dreamed of becoming pros in the animation production once they all graduated from high school in order to fulfill a promise they all made which was to reunite and make a real animated series of their own a professionals. However, they all soonly realize that the animation industry is a bit tougher than what they had imagined it to be.
Story/Characters: I thought that the story was well-written in my own personal opinion. There were some times where I thought there was a flat storyline within some of the episodes and sometimes the pacing would go a bit too fast when everything started to change afterwards. However, the story for this anime was quite interesting and it kept me so fascinated as I watched through all 24 episodes because I have never seen an anime about how make anime, knowing this fact kept my interest in Shirobako because I’m not the type who is very much into watching slice-of-life anime.

The characters for this anime were quite a lot. To be honest, I couldn't really memorize all the names for these characters and it made it kinda hard for me to know who was who. I did manage to catch on to a few of those characters, mainly the main ones. Some of those characters seemed unnecessary for this anime and sometimes I felt like they just threw some of them in there. Overall, I really liked some of the characters displayed such as the director. The image on the bottom include all the characters for this anime. If you want to learn a bit more about them, click this link⇨Shirobako-characters
Image result for shirobako characters

Animation/Art: I really felt that the character designs and the background art along with the animation techniques used for Shirobako were great and it really suited the anime. I personally really liked the way the art was conveyed throughout the whole series and how it could sometimes set the overall mood. I also liked how nicely made the characters were as well because in my opinion, I adored the character designs. The details made in every episode and in every character deserve an applause because after watching this anime, I realised how time consuming and difficult it is to draw something like that and also how hard it could be to finally make those drawings move for the real thing and the different procedures taken to get the job done. I am really impressed by how the art presented in all the images shown conveyed a realistic feeling or setting of the story. It was very lively and colorful too.

There were several scenes that I really liked mainly because they were funny. They're mostly about the director because he's weird, but in a good way. For one of the scenes, where he confronts this guy who tries to stop him from meeting the writer for the anime he was gonna produce. At the same time, he's also dressed somewhat like a cowboy and the actions that follow made me laugh a lot.

Image result for shirobako director gif

There's also the one where he's in a maid costume for some reason which I forgot.
                             Image result for shirobako funny gif
The last one is where he's  magically flying. (I also forgot the reason why)

                   Image result for shirobako funny gif
                     
There's more where that came from. Like a ton of other funny ones. You should give it a try.
Music/OP/ED: The music played in the opening and ending songs were really energetic, happy, and up-to-beat. I think that the music chosen conveyed a feeling of what the anime will be like and it set a really good mood and tone. In other words, Shirobako was going to be a very interesting and positive series. My views of the opening is that at first, I really enjoyed them because sometimes they give hints about what to be expecting to come out later in the anime but soon after I grew bored after watching them for so long. As for the ending, it was really good because as we were nearing the final episodes, the ending would always change in a way, not by song but by the illustrations shown. I'm a person who usually skips the opening and ending but I realized that it is very important and interesting to watch them.

Overall, this concludes this anime review. Tune in next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment