Saturday, November 12, 2016

What is Anime?

"I'm curious, I can't stop thinking about it!" -Chitanda Eru (Hyouka)

     Just to start this all off, for those out there who don't know what anime is, it's basically a style of film and television animation. For those who already know what it is, good for you! But if you want a better explanation or a much better description then  "anime is used to refer specifically to animation from Japan or as a Japanese-disseminated animation style often characterized by colorful graphics, vibrant characters and fantastical themes" or just go to this link Anime in which I got this little piece of information from. 

     Besides that, if you're an otaku like me then...actually, I have nothing to say. Oh wait, just kidding. Any-who or so I say, anime is basically timeless. If you love watching anime then you would understand. It's like you're stuck in an endless vortex of never ending anime shows or series that you must watch or you'll just go mad. In my opinion, anime is pretty addicting. I spend everyday watching at least 5 or 7 hours of anime because I just can't get enough of it to the point where that is all I watch. The reason behind that is that there is so much variety when it comes to anime that you just can't get enough.

      First of all, you've got the amazing storytelling, the breaking point or climax, the remarkable character depth and development, the out of this world soundtracks, those weird yet extraordinary scenes,  and the stunning artwork. That is just something I really like when it comes to anime. Then you've got the the different types of genres that you can choose from which consists of the following: action, adventure, comedy, fantasy, harem, horror, mecha,  mystery, romance, school, sci-fi, slice of life, sports, supernatural, thriller, drama, tragedy, psychological, magic and so much more. Just to name a few of some of the really popular anime are:

Naruto                                    Dragon Ball Super

Image result for naruto anime coverImage result for dragon ball super anime cover

Fairy Tail                               Bleach

Image result for fairy tail anime cover
Image result for bleach anime cover


Sword Art Online                      Hunter x Hunter
Image result for sword art online anime coverImage result for hunter x hunter anime cover

Attack on Titan                      Assassination Classroom
Image result for attack on titan anime cover
Image result for assassination classroom anime cover


     But of course there are plenty more out there. These were just the tip of the iceberg. And as you can see, anime can be pretty diverse.  Something that makes anime so great is that anyone can watch it and age doesn't matter at all. I can probably be in my 40's and I'll still be watching anime because I just love it. There's just so much to choose from that you'll just never have the time to watch them all. 

     At the same time, there's some anime that might not be so good or people who don't really understand what's so great about anime and that's okay. Everyone is different and we all have our preferences. Mine just happens to be that I'm just a huge fan when it comes down to anime. For those who are like me, high-five! Well that's it for today. 


No comments:

Post a Comment