Friday, December 30, 2016

Anime for the First Time

"I am the hope of the universe. I am the answer to all living things that cry out for peace. I am protector of the innocent. I am the light in the darkness. I am truth. Ally to good! Nightmare to you!" - Goku (Dragon Ball Z)

      Coming up with other topics to write about is starting to become more and more difficult to come up with. So, I'll be going over my first experience with anime or in other words, which anime was the first that I've ever seen in my life.

     For starters, I first started to watch anime when I was around the age of 6 or 7 so I was pretty young back then. The anime that was first introduced to me was Dragon Ball and back then, I wasn't even aware what anime was so I just mistook this for some cartoon that involves martial arts or fighting with a bunch of random characters and one of them happens to be a boy who has a monkey tail of some sort. A bit of background as to why Dragon Ball was the first anime that I watched was for this one reason...my dad was just a really big fanatic when it came down to it. He used to watch it growing up and it was one of his most favorite shows to watch. One day, he just decided to put it on for us and from there on out, I started to like watching it. My dad, being the fanatic he is, had a whole collection of VCR tapes all on Dragon Ball because it was really a long time ago and those were used a lot during that time. Nowadays, we can easily access this on our phones, computers, Netflix (I think), Country Roll, and Kiss Anime. 


     After, coming to know that Dragon Ball was a pretty interesting anime, I decided to keep on watching it as more and more episodes were aired. Sooner or later, there was Dragon Ball Z, Dragon Ball Z Kai, and now there's Dragon Ball Super which I'm currently watching. In my opinion, I'm enthralled with how many things are happening and all the plot twists and new characters that keep popping up in Dragon Ball Super. 


     As I grew older, I became more aware as to what anime was so I began to watch more and more. Basically, I spent much of my time viewing new series that come out or ones that I've never seen before. In the end, I witnessed anime at a very young age and up to this point, I'm still watching but more intensely since there's a lot going on including new seasons for several animes that will be coming out in 2017. Either way, I can't wait.

     

No comments:

Post a Comment