Sunday, December 18, 2016

My Current Anime Obsession

"You have to do the opposite of what people expect. How else will you surprise them? That's my motto." -Victor Nikiforov (Yuri!!! on Ice)

     Based off of what the title says, I'll be going over an anime that I absolutely must talk about. Recently, there's been quite a couple of new anime releases that came out this year and with more on the way but one that has caught my attention for the past 3 months or at least I think that's how long, is an anime that I'm currently watching that is called "Yuri!!! on Ice" and it has brought me so much joy that I have overflowed with so many feelings.
     Basically, this anime has restored me because I was on the brink of collapsing this year. At first I didn't know what to expect from it, but now I have no words to describe all the emotions that I get from watching this anime. I have grown to love it and every time a new episode comes out, I can't help but fan-girl with excitement. In a way, I feel so exhilarated that I tend to throw a day for myself where I just gather a bunch of junk food, have my phone fully charged because that's where I get my updates from, my blanket, my headphones, and a really dark room. I would consider that a perfect day for myself.
      I'm a bit sad to say this, but Yuri!!! on Ice is about to end with one more episode to be released, and so far I have questioned so many times what will become of Yuri and Victor who are basically the main characters and the ones I ship so hard. I have fallen head over heals for those two characters that I can't help but go up to my friends and talk about them 24/7 to the point where I get on their nerves except for one of them who totally understands me completely. 
     According to Wikipedia, "Yuri!!! on Ice follows a Japanese figure skater named Yuri Katsuki after suffering a crushing defeat during the final of a Grand Prix competition. Following more failures, Yuri develops mixed feelings about ice skating, among other troubles in his life, and puts his career on hiatus. After graduating from college in Detroit, he comes back home to Hasetsu in Kyushu. Yuri visits his childhood friend, Yuko, at an ice rink known as "Ice Castle Hasetsu" and perfectly mimics an advanced skating routine performed by famous Russian figure skater Victor Nikiforov, who is Yuri's idol. When secretly recorded footage of Yuri's performance is uploaded to the internet, it catches the attention of Victor, who decides to suddenly travel to Kyushu to become Yuri's coach. Together with Victor, Yuri aims to win the Grand Prix series as he battles against his rival, Yuri Plisetsky, a 15-year-old rising star skater from Russia." or follow this link→ Yuri!!! on Ice ← to learn more about it if you're interested.
     In the end, I just wanted to get my point across that I really love Yuri!!! on Ice and I can't wait to see the new and final episode which will have me crazy to find out how it will end and whether or not they will make a season 2 which I hope they do make in the near future. 


           Image result for yuri on ice


No comments:

Post a Comment