Friday, January 20, 2017

Revolving around Anime

"We are all like fireworks, rising, shinning, scattering, and finally fading." -Toshiro Hitsugaya (Bleach)

     When I was a small kid, I wasn't as into anime as I am now, but gradually over the years as I grew older, I was exposed to it a lot more. So the more anime I watched, the more was I into it. As of now, the current me is a major anime fan. 

     I spend much of my time as I can to solely watch some anime, especially when I'm on break. Entering high school, managing my time became much more difficult because I hardly ever have the time to take a moment for myself since I'm always busy with homework or projects. When I would be done with my homework or project per say, it would already be late so I'd end up watching my anime until 1 or 2 am in the morning. 

     In my daily life, I try to incorporate some things or ideas that I've seen in the anime that I tend to see. You could say that I've grown quite attached to Japanese Pop Culture which is actually true. Ever so recently have I bought myself some good quality chopsticks to practice with so I can get the hang of it and experience what it's like to eat something without using a fork or a spoon. I've also practiced table manners and what's acceptable and what I should do when I go to Japan which is a dream of mine. In my opinion, Japan is my homeland and I would love to travel there once I'm old enough.

     In addition, I've also been studying and practicing some Japanese. So far, I've got several words and phrases down that I could use. Some of those I learned from reading and listening to the subtitles in that language. To be honest, I think that Japanese is much easier for me to learn than some of the other languages. Sometimes when I try to speak Japanese, my family likes to mess with me and tries to copy me by going with the flow and speaking what may sound like Japanese even though it's just a bunch of random words that make no sense whatsoever. 

     Furthermore, anime is a huge part of my life. As a teen, I love collecting anime merchandise, cosplaying as certain characters and reading manga. The one thing that I haven't experienced is going to a convention. Hopefully, if I'm lucky, I would like to go to one and be involved in it because it looks like a lot of fun and it seems quite interesting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment