Thursday, January 19, 2017

Anime Obsession (Part 2)

"If you place yourself somewhere close to raw emotions, where you're exposed to violence and death, instinct and desire, you can brush against man's true nature. I thought that way I could find a reason to live somehow." -Dazai Osamu (Bungou Stray Dogs)

     After YOI (Yuri!!! on Ice) ended, I wasn't sure what to do or watch since I've spent so much of my time on this anime. I decided to do some research and find out what most anime fans are into and see if there were any suggestions or recommendations that  could have helped me in my selection of new anime to dedicate my time with. Turns out that I ended up finding several anime that I knew but never gave it much thought before because I just skipped it. 

     Going over those anime, I only selected 3 from the suggestions I've seen. Those include Shokugeki no Souma, Bungou Stray Dogs, and Mob Psycho 100. To be honest, I wouldn't have bothered watching these anime but it peeked my interest after witnessing the 1st episode for each of these anime. They all have a different story to tell and that's what makes it exciting because there's so much diversity that's there's no point in ever getting bored. 

     Furthermore, here's a bit of background information for these three anime and why I decided to go with it....


  1. Shokugeki no Souma: This anime is basically all about cooking or in other words, cooking wars to be more exact and according to Wkipedia, "Shokugeki no Soma tells the story of a boy named Sōma Yukihira, whose dream is to become a full-time chef in his father's neighborhood restaurant and surpass his father's culinary skills. But just as Sōma graduates from middle school, his father, Jōichirō Yukihira, gets a new job that requires him to travel around the world and closes his shop. However, Sōma's fighting spirit is rekindled by a challenge from Jōichirō which is to survive in an elite culinary school where only 1% of the students manage to graduate, where he meets many amazing students and experiences new events that allow him to grow further towards his cooking goal."  (Follow this link for more information) →Shokugeki_no_Soma← So my reason for choosing this is that I thought it would be nice to explore an anime about cooking. It was a lot better than what I thought it would. I honestly fell in love with the main character because I liked the way he was portrayed in this anime. Overall, I'm glad that I gave this series a chance.
  2. Bunjou Stray Dogs: This anime is mainly about certain individuals having super powers in a sense, fighting against the Mafia, solving cases, and much more. According to Wikipedia, "The story centers on individuals who are gifted with super natural powers and use them for different purposes including holding a business, solving mysteries, and carrying out missions assigned by the mafia. The story mainly follows the members of the "Armed Detective Agency" and their everyday lives." (Follow this link for more information)→Bungo_Stray_Dogs← My reason for choosing this is that I thought it looked really cool. This anime kind of hit me by surprise because I wasn't expecting to be so enthralled with this. The more I saw, the more I fell in for this anime. One of my favorite characters was and still is, Dazai Osamu. Overall, I would say that this anime was amazing and that it definitely needs a 3rd season.
  3. Mob Psycho 100: This anime is still a bit new to me so the only thing I could say about this is that it's about exorcising spirits in a way by this kid named Mob. Anyways, according to Wikipedia," Shigeo Kageyama is an average middle school boy, called Mob (モブ means background character) for lacking a sense of presence. Although he seems like an inconspicuous person, he is in fact a powerful Esper. As he grows older, Mob realizes his psychic powers are dangerous. To avoid his power getting out of control, he constantly lives a life under emotional shackle. Mob wants to live just like others, but a barrage of trouble comes to him. With the suppressed emotions growing inside Mob little by little, his power threatens to spill over its bounds." (Follow this link for more information)→Mob_Psycho_100← I decided to go ahead and watch this anime because it looked pretty action-packed and interesting.  
     In the end, that's all I have to say for today.


   

No comments:

Post a Comment